Boxing is one of the most popular grappling sports in the world today.
Many amateurs discover that the best equipment they can purchase for their new pastime is a great pair of supportive boxing shoes. This footwear will protect your ankles, feet, and toes from injury while increasing your versatility in the ring.
We’ve reviewed the top-rated boxing shoes on the market today to help you choose the best pair for you.
|Boxing Shoe||Price||Best Feature|
|Reebok Boxing Boot-Buck Sneaker||Expensive||Our choice for the best boxing shoe
Full traction support for increased stability in the ring
|Ring Master Boxing Shoe||Moderately priced||Great ankle and foot support while allowing for full range of motion|
|TITLE Speed-Flex Encore Mid Boxing Shoes||Budget-friendly||Mid-calf boxing boot for more stability on your feet|
|Ringside Diablo Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoe||Budget-friendly||Ideal for boxers with wide feet|
|Otomix Stingray Escape||Expensive||Ankle support prevents injury during pivots|
|Ringside Undefeated High Top Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoes||Budget-friendly||Slip-resistant rubber outsole with excellent traction|
|TITLE Hyper Speed Elite Boxing Shoes||Budget-friendly||Padded ankle collar and tongue for more support|
|Otomix Ninja Warrior Bodybuilding Boxing Shoe||Expensive||Reinforced ankle and foot support for quick maneuvers and pivots|
|Ringside Power Boxing Shoes||Moderately priced||Toe to forefoot reinforced with suede overlays to prevent injury to delicate bones in the foot|
|RIVAL Boxing Boots RSX ONE||Moderately priced||Supportive insole with arch support|
- 1 Best Boxing Shoes
- 1.1 Reebok Boxing Boot-Buck Sneaker
- 1.2 Ringside Ringmaster Boxing Shoe
- 1.3 TITLE Speed-Flex Encore Mid Boxing Shoes
- 1.4 Ringside Diablo Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoes
- 1.5 Otomix Stingray Escape Bodybuilding Weightlifting MMA Boxing Shoe
- 1.6 Ringside Undefeated High Top Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoes
- 1.7 TITLE Hyper Speed Elite Boxing Shoes
- 1.8 Otomix Ninja Warrior Bodybuilding Boxing Shoe
- 1.9 Ringside Power Boxing Shoes
- 1.10 RIVAL Boxing Boots RSX ONE
- 2 What Should I Look for in a Boxing Shoe?
- 3 The Bottom Line
Best Boxing Shoes
Reebok Boxing Boot-Buck Sneaker
Reebok designed their Boxing Boot-Buck Sneakerfor stability and comfort inside of the boxing ring. The synthetic rubber outsole has complete traction support to prevent slipping, supporting lateral movements and pivots. With a breathable mesh upper with synthetic nubuck leather overlays, the Buck Sneaker has a full lace-up design for the best fit to support your feet and ankles. The mid-calf design with an extra ankle strap keeps you steady on your feet while preventing injury. A soft interior lining and an EVA memory foam midsole for long-lasting comfort.
The Reebok Boxing Boot Buck Sneakers are lightweight and comfortable boxing shoes that hold up well, with sturdy construction that is better for experienced boxers who are secure in their form. The Buck Sneakers run narrow with little arch support, so add an insole if you work on the balls of your feet. The leather and mesh upper has a mild break-in period, and it will take a few lacings to loosen the lace holes for a smooth glide. Although the Reebok Boxing Boot Buck Sneaker runs high on the price point, they are a must-have accessory for any competitive boxer. The Reebok Boxing Boot Buck Sneaker is our choice for the best boxing shoe.
- Our choice for the best boxing shoe
- Full lace-up design and ankle strap for adjustable fit and ankle protection
- Lightweight and comfortable mid-calf boxing shoe with excellent foot and ankle support
- EVA memory foam midsole and soft interior for comfort
- Synthetic rubber outsole with full traction support
- Breathable mesh upper with synthetic nubuck leather overlays make a durable and protective shoe
- Sturdy construction better for experienced boxers
- Run narrow with little arch support; add an insole
- Mild break-in period
Ringside Ringmaster Boxing Shoe
If you prefer fancy footwork in the ring, then the Ringside Ring Master Boxing Shoe would be ideal for you. The rubber outsoles offer excellent traction in the ring to keep you in a steady stance. With more heel drop than other boxing shoes, the Ring Master is perfect for those who box on the balls of their feet. This lightweight and comfortable high-top boxing shoe has a breathable mesh upper with synthetic overlays that support the ankles, calves, and heels. With excellent ankle support, the Ring Master provides a full range of motion for every boxer. You can complete lateral movements and pivots with ease.
The Ring Masters run true to size, but they do not have any half-sizes. From their design, they look like they would be knee-high boxing boots, but they only measure up to the mid-calf. This doesn’t affect their performance, but it may disappoint some buyers. The full lacing system is overwhelming to some boxers: it offers more adjustable support, but it takes some time to lace them completely. If you are learning the sport, the Ringside Ring Master is a moderately priced boxing shoe that holds up well to multiple weekly practices.
- Moderately priced lightweight and comfortable mid-calf boxing shoe
- Breathable mesh upper with synthetic overlays
- Rubber outsoles have more heel drop than other boxing shoes for those who box up on their toes
- Excellent traction
- Full range of motion is perfect for lateral moves and pivoting
- Ankle, foot, and calf support
- Hold up well
- Look like they are knee-high, but they measure mid-calf
- Full lacing system takes a while to complete but offers adjustable support
- Run true to size, but no half-sizes
TITLE Speed-Flex Encore Mid Boxing Shoes
Many beginners hesitate to invest in an expensive pair of boxing shoes, especially if they aren’t sure they want to stick with it. The TITLE Speed-Flex Encore Mid Boxing Shoes are a budget-friendly option for amateur boxers that offers the same protection as more expensive models. Available in several color schemes, the shoe’s synthetic leather upper has additional overlays over the toes and heel for extra stability. This gives the Speed-Flex lightweight durability for pivots and other foot movements. It has a breathable mesh interior to keep your feet dry and comfortable throughout your match. With a full lacing system, this mid-calf boxing boot has ultimate stability for boxers of any style.
The TITLE Speed-Flex Encore runs narrow, so you may have to order a size up to get the perfect fit. The insole isn’t attached to the interior of the shoe, so it might slide around during your intense workouts. Unfortunately, although the price fits in any budget, they do not hold up well with consistent use. The Speed-Flex is better for a sporadic boxer: using them several times a week will tear them up. For such a cheap investment, the TITLE Speed-Flex Encore Boxing Shoe is best for beginners who are just learning the sport.
- Budget-friendly mid-calf boxing shoe with a full lacing system
- Variety of color schemes to match your outfit and your style
- Synthetic leather upper
- Extra overlays over the toes and heel for extra stability
- Lightweight durability for lateral movements and pivots
- Breathable mesh interior to pull sweat away from your feet
- Don’t hold up well; better for sporadic use
- Run narrow
- Wobbly insole
Ringside Diablo Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoes
Another budget-friendly option for beginners is the Ringside Diablo Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoe. With a strategic design for several grappling sports, this lightweight shoe has a leather vinyl and mesh upper for full foot and ankle support and breathability. The upper is easy to clean, and it doesn’t lose its shape. With a snug fit around the heel and ankle, the shoe has a padded tongue and collar for more stability in the ring. The slip-resistant rubber outsole has excellent traction for your footwork. A low-top design allows for better maneuvers without the risk of rolling your ankle.
The Ringside Diablo comes in both men’s and women’s sizes, but women’s sizes are only available in pink. Women who do not want a pink shoe can order another color two sizes down for the best fit. The Diablo runs large and wide, perfect for boxers with wide feet who have trouble finding a pair of comfortable shoes. Unfortunately, there are no half sizes. The Diablos have no arch support: you should invest in a quality insole for more comfort. Although the lace-up design offers an adjustable fit, the laces can come untied. Make sure that they are secure before entering the ring. There is a mild break-in period, after which the Ringside Diablo holds up exceptionally well.
- Budget-friendly low-top boxing shoe designed for boxing, wrestling, MMA, and Muay Thai
- Leather vinyl and mesh upper for support and breathability
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole
- Padded tongue and collar and reinforced heel for a snug fit
- Foot, heel, and ankle support
- Don’t lose their shape and hold up well
- Very lightweight and easy to clean
- Good for wide feet
- Mild break-in period
- Women’s sizes only available in pink (order two sizes down in another color for the best fit)
- No half sizes
- No arch support
- Run large and wide
- Full-length lacing comes undone easily; make sure they are secure before your match
Otomix Stingray Escape Bodybuilding Weightlifting MMA Boxing Shoe
Although the Otomix Stingray Escape’s design makes it ideal for weightlifting and bodybuilding, this shoe offers excellent foot support required in boxing. A polyester upper with suede overlays reinforces the ankle, heel, and midfoot for great stability, and a heavily-padded ankle collar prevents rolling during your footwork. This combination of foot and ankle support provides a full range of motion without sacrificing the protective features that you need, all in a lightweight high-top boxing shoe. In a quality shoe by one of the most reputable producers of boxing footwear, the Otomix Stingray Escape has a soft interior with a wide toe box for a comfortable fit.
Although the shoe doesn’t come in wide sizes, they run in half-sizes with a roomy fit. Women should order 1.5 sizes down from their usual footwear. The quality lacing system makes the shoe adjustable, but they don’t breathe that well. The insole might slide around during your quick movements, but you can replace it with a quality insole that provides more heel and ball of foot cushioning. If you are tough on your shoes, you should choose another model. The Stingray’s rubber outsole has traction patterns under the heel and forefoot to keep your balance as you pivot and strike, but they don’t hold up well. Although the Otomix Stingray Escape is an expensive shoe, its design keeps you stable on your feet, a great feature for beginners who are coming into their personal style of boxing.
- Rubber outsole with great traction patterns under the heel and forefoot
- Polyester upper with suede overlays for ankle, heel, and midfoot stability
- Thick ankle collar to prevent injury
- Lightweight boxing shoe with a full range of motion
- Soft interior with roomy toe box
- Quality design with strong lacing system
- Available in half-sizes
- Have a roomy fit with a wide toe box
- No wide sizes
- Slippery insole during quick movements
- Don’t breathe well
- Outsoles don’t last long
- No cushion
Ringside Undefeated High Top Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoes
Ringside is a popular manufacturer of boxing shoes that appears on our list repeatedly because they create lightweight, high-quality shoes for the sport. The budget-friendly Ringside Undefeated High Top Muay Thai MMA Wrestling Boxing Shoe has a unique design for several grappling sports. Its foot and ankle support make it a great choice for boxers with wide feet. The soft nylon/mesh upper keeps the shoe lightweight and comfortable, with leather vinyl overlays that protect the sensitive parts of the foot while having enough stretch for a snug fit. The slip-resistant rubber outsole has good traction, and support from the heel to the calf anchors the foot for pivoting.
The Undefeated has a looser fit in the midfoot with a tight toe box, but the full lace-up design makes the shoe adjustable. Unfortunately, there are no half sizes. If you fall between sizes, order up to the next size. Women should order down two sizes from their normal size to get the best fit. There is a mild break-in period for the upper to stretch to your foot, making it more comfortable. There is no arch support – inserting a gel insole will support your heel and the ball of your foot. For such a budget-friendly shoe, the Ringside Undefeated is an excellent choice for amateurs and professionals alike.
- Budget-friendly, lightweight and comfortable boxing shoe
- Soft nylon/mesh upper that breathes well
- Upper reinforced with leather vinyl overlays for heel, toe, forefoot, and midcalf protection
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole with good traction
- Lace-up provide an adjustable fit
- Snug fit for better foot support and movement
- Great for wide feet
- Mild break-in period
- No half-sizes – go up to the next size (women should order two sizes down)
- Run wide with a tight toe box
- No comfort in the insole
TITLE Hyper Speed Elite Boxing Shoes
If you pivot and strike often, then the TITLE Hyper Speed Elite Boxing Shoe offers excellent support for an even better price. This budget-friendly, lightweight boxing shoe has a synthetic leather upper with double-layered mesh for breathability and comfort. With a padded tongue and an ankle collar for a supportive fit, this ankle-height boxing shoe is great for lateral movements and pivoting. The foot and ankle protection prevents injury while giving you the freedom to move quickly around the ring. A full lace-up design has two metal eyelets at the top for an adjustable fit.
The Hyper Speed runs wide, so you may need to order a size down from your usual boxing shoe size. Although the shoe has polyurethane rubber outsoles with great traction to keep you light on your feet, they don’t hold up well. You should grab multiple pairs and rotate them out to give your feet the protection during your sparring sessions. One bonus feature: the TITLE Hyper Speed Elite comes with its own mesh carrying bag that you can toss in your gym bag for easy transport.
- Budget-friendly, lightweight boxing shoe with excellent ankle support
- Synthetic leather upper with double-layered mesh for breathability
- Ankle-height boxing shoe with padded tongue and ankle collar for a comfortable fit
- Polyurethane rubber outsoles with great traction
- Great for lateral movements and pivoting
- Thin midsole gives more support and durability, keeping you stable on your feet
- Full lace up design with two metal eyelets at the top for adjustable comfort
- Mesh carrying bag included
- Don’t hold up well
- Run wide
Otomix Ninja Warrior Bodybuilding Boxing Shoe
The Otomix Ninja Warrior Bodybuilding Boxing Shoe would be an excellent option for boxers who are heavy on their feet. Leather and suede overlays on a polyester upper keep the shoe breathable, giving it a sturdier feel without the weight. This lightweight shoe has reinforced ankle support and a rubber outsole with excellent traction. When you are wearing the Otomix Ninja Warrior, you will feel cemented to the ground, with the freedom for quick maneuvers such as lateral movements and pivoting. A wider toe box allows you to splay your toes for a more comfortable stance during your match.
Reinforced lace holes allow for a custom fit to keep your feet and ankles secure, but the shoe doesn’t have any arch support. Boxers with medium to low arches should add an insole with heel and ball of foot support. The Ninja Warriors run narrow, so you’ll need to order a size up if you have medium to wide feet. Although this boxing shoe has excellent foot and ankle protection, the soles are so thin that they won’t last long if you are rough on your shoes. This can be a deal-breaker for some buyers, considering the shoe’s high price tag.
- Lightweight boxing shoe with sturdy construction for boxing, wrestling, MMA, and bodybuilding
- Leather and suede overlays on polyester upper with reinforced lace holes
- Thin outsole with great traction
- Wide toe box
- Enhanced ankle support for quick maneuvers
- Run narrow with poor arch support; add an insole
- Soles don’t hold up well if you are rough on your shoes
Ringside Power Boxing Shoes
If you are a sporadic boxer who only enters the ring for fun, the Ringside Power Boxing Shoesmay be your perfect match. The mesh upper keeps the shoe breathable, while suede overlays from the toe to forefoot prevent injury. With an adjustable ankle strap for better support, this lightweight and comfortable boxing shoe is designed for superior lateral movements and pivoting. If you have weak ankles, or they tend to roll with any significant activity, the excellent ankle support of the Ringside Power will keep you stable and pain-free during your matches.
The Power runs narrow but large, with a tight toe box. The shoes do not come in half-sizes, so those who fall between should order the next size up. There is a mild break-in period for the upper to stretch. Unlike the other shoes on this list, the rubber outsole doesn’t have much of a grip, so it is better for light sparring than a serious boxing match. The shoes don’t hold up well, but if you don’t use them that often, they will last longer.
- Moderately priced, lightweight and comfortable boxing shoe
- Mesh upper with suede overlays for support and breathability
- Toe to forefoot is reinforced with suede to prevent injury
- Great for lateral movements and pivoting
- Adjustable ankle strap for comfort
- Mild break-in period for the shoe to stretch
- Run large but narrow with tight toe box
- No half sizes
- Rubber outsole doesn’t have much grip, don’t hold up well
- Better for light sparring than a serious match
RIVAL Boxing Boots RSX ONE
In a unique design, the RIVAL Boxing Boots RSX ONEcombine a protective and lightweight boxing shoe with the foot support that most sport-specific shoes lack. The black mesh upper with neon-colored accents has suede overlays for ankle, heel, toe, and forefoot protection. This high-top boxing shoe has a breathable mesh interior for comfort, with a roomy toe box for a more relaxed stance. With a supportive insole, the RSX ONE has excellent arch support, eliminating the need for a replacement insert.
With larger spaces between the lace holes, these shoes are convenient for boxers who hate the tedious lacing that comes with some models. These moderately priced boxing shoes run large and wide, so you may need a size down if you have a narrow foot. The rubber outsole has excellent traction for pivots, but it doesn’t hold up to the friction of a lot of footwork. The RIVAL Boxing Boots RSX ONE are best for heavyweight boxers who have wide feet who need foot and ankle support during their boxing matches.
- Moderately priced, lightweight high-top boxing shoe for heavyweight boxers
- Black mesh upper with neon colored accents has suede overlays for toe, heel, forefoot and ankle protection
- Breathable mesh interior for comfort
- Supportive insole with excellent arch support
- Larger spaces between lace holes
- Run large with a roomy toe box
- Outsole has great traction but doesn’t hold up well to a lot of movement
What Should I Look for in a Boxing Shoe?
Some boxing shoe models overlap with wrestling, muay thai, or bodybuilding shoes, which may confuse many buyers. There are a few characteristics that you need in a boxing shoe, which may or may not appear in other sport-specific footwear, such as:
- Durable leather or suede uppers
- Rubber outsoles with good traction for stability in the ring
- Ankle support in the form of sturdy uppers and ankle straps
- Flexibility that will allow you to be fast on your feet and support lateral movements and pivoting
Boxing shoes come in high-top and low-top styles, both of which will offer excellent ankle support. The only difference between them is that you can move faster in low-top styles. High-tops are better for heavyweight boxers; if you use a lot of footwork in your boxing style, then a low-top shoe will be your best option. They will prevent injuries to your ankles without interfering with your technique.
The Bottom Line
When searching for the perfect boxing shoe, several factors determine which shoe is the best fit for you. If you are a sporadic boxer, having a supportive upper with ankle support will protect you from injury. If you are a competitive boxer, you want a shoe that will hold up well through multiple matches. Some manufacturers design their shoes to run wide or narrow, so the width of your foot will also influence your choice. Overall, any boxing shoe with toe, heel, and midfoot support in the upper, a decent outsole, and proper ankle protection would be a solid investment for boxers of any skill set. We recommend the Reebok Boxing Boot Buck Sneaker for its superior construction and foot protection so that you can be a winner in the ring.
Brick, Jason. “What is the Difference Between Boxing Shoes & Wrestling Shoes?” LIVESTRONG. September 11, 2017. https://www.livestrong.com/article/153371-what-is-the-difference-between-boxing-shoes-wrestling-shoes/.
Halse, Henry. “How to Choose Boxing Shoes.” LIVESTRONG. January 30, 2018. https://www.livestrong.com/article/373681-how-to-choose-boxing-shoes/.
Jennifer Conerly is a writer and editor with extensive retail experience in athletic shoes and fitness she never thought would come in handy.