Looking for a pair of toddler boots to keep your kid dry and scuff-free from a whole day of hopping in puddles? I’ve got you covered. I scoured the web in search of the best toddler boots that money can buy, and I read up on close to a hundred different designs. So with all my extensive research, I can definitely vouch for these top 8 choices that stood out among all the other options available.
The main features I considered to come up with this definitive list include durability, comfort, traction, aesthetic, price, and verified buyer reviews. Now, if you’re ready to find the best boots for your little one, then keep on reading to learn more about my recommendations.
The Top 8 Best Toddler Boots
|Bogs Kids’ Classic High Waterproof Insulated Rubber Boot||4.7||$$$$$|
|Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot||4.6||$$|
|Dr. Martens Brooklee Boot||4.6||$$$|
|Timberland Whiteledge WaterPROof Hiking Boot||4.5||$$$$|
|Arctic Shield Kids Waterproof Durable Rubber Outdoor Boots||4.4||$$$|
|Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boot||4.4||$|
|Northside Toddler Frosty Winter Snow Boot||4.4||$$$|
|Smoky Mountain Toddler Hopalong Western Cowboy Boot||4.3||$$|
Bogs Kids’ Classic High Waterproof Insulated Rubber Boot
The very best all-around boot you can get your toddler has to be Bogs Kids’ Classic High Waterproof Insulated Rubber Boot. This premium boot offers some solid performance for your kids’ protection and comfort. The boot’s uppers are made from rubber from the ankle down, and neoprene from the ankle up to the collar. The upper half was designed for flexibility while the bottom half, for water resistance and temperature control.
These Bogs boots are exceptionally effective against rain and snow, and are virtually impenetrable to moisture. Inside, moisture-wicking lining keeps your kids’ feet dry and prevent foul odors from developing. In terms of their treads, these boots offer reliable traction even on slippery surfaces from rain and snow.
Overall, they’re durable, efficient, and comfortable, so you can rely that they’ll make a great investment for even the rowdiest little tykes.
- Durable build combines rubber and neoprene for a burly yet flexible feel.
- Moisture-wicking interior lining manages sweat production and keeps the boot odor-free
- Lots of texture on the outsoles give your little on firm, solid footing for utmost safety on wet or snowy terrain
- Easy slip-on handles for independent use
- Comfortable footbed is soft and responsive
- 100% waterproof, so you can confidently let your kids play in puddles minus the mess
- Has been known to serve up to 2 years of use, which is pretty impressive for a toddler boot.
- Doesn’t come in a lot of colorways
- The price tag on these might not be too practical for parents looking for a budget friendly purchase
Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot
Looking for something easy, simple, and affordable? The Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot could be a suitable choice. Much like many other shoes from the Crocs line-up, the Handle It Rain Boots for kids are conveniently simple, featuring a no-frills slip-on design that can be easy to figure out even for the smallest of toddlers.
The boot boasts a one-piece design, eliminating the chances of any moisture, dirt, or mud from seeping into the boot. Made completely from synthetic, they’re also exceptionally comfortable, allowing just enough bounce to cushion your child’s feet and allow a comfortable step.
What I particularly love about the design is that it doesn’t give in to wear and tear too easily. So even with an active little toddler using them, you can expect them to survive. Plus the fact that they come at a very affordable cost, the Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot can be a sure winner for any parent who wants a fun, kid-friendly rain boot for their little tyke.
- One-piece design makes it easy to on and off even for toddlers
- Simple construction eliminates the chances of different parts coming off or becoming damaged
- Comfortable material is soft and pliable, so it offers the right comfort and flexibility to give your kid the freedom to move
- Doesn’t wear too easily, so you can get some pretty long years of use out of them
- Impenetrable to moisture
- Easy to clean
- Comes in lots of different, fun colors
- Not exactly the best when it comes to sweat management
- Make sure to order a size up as they do not break-in
Dr. Martens Brooklee Boot
The Dr. Martens Brooklee Boot is the go-to boot for parents who want something that marries fashion and function. Known for their durable construction, Dr. Martens boots are always an investment, and these toddler boots are no exception.
Made from premium soft leather and a pliable PVC sole, the Brooklee isn’t as stiff and stubborn as it’s made to look. So you can expect that it will still move and bend pretty freely to give your kid a comfortable ride. A zip closure on the inner side means they can be worn and removed without having to adjust laces which is ideal for smaller children.
What gives the Brooklee an edge in my opinion is the fact that it boasts that signature Dr. Martens aesthetic. So if you’re particularly keen about your little one’s OOTDs, then this boot can be a sound investment.
- Signature Dr. Martens aesthetic adds a stylish touch to your little one’s outfits
- Zip closure eliminates the need to deal with fickle laces so your child can wear and remove them independently
- Pliable outsoles bend and move to your child’s step for comfortable use
- Soft leather uppers are highly permissive of movement yet provide enough ankle support to prevent injury
- Durable construction guaranteed to last years of use
- Comfortable foot bet cradles the arches to minimize discomfort and fatigue
- Leather may scuff up easily, especially when used for rough play
- Not waterproof
Timberland Whiteledge WaterPROof Hiking Boot
I’ve reviewed the Timberland brand quite a number of times before, and they’re known to impress with their well thought-out designs. The Timberland Whiteledge WaterPROof Hiking Boot is one of their best toddler boots, and is designed specifically for kids who like to get active.
The Whiteledge boasts a highly reinforced construction that’s not likely to give up even in the most challenging of environments. The lug soles are exceptional when it comes to traction, so you can be confident that your little tyke won’t lose his footing. Made from a combination of leather and fabric, the thick uppers are waterproof, effective at keeping out all kinds of moisture from any source.
All things considered, the Timberland Whiteledge WaterPROof Hiking Boot is your run-of-the-mill Timberland boot, giving your kid the best durability, performance, and support for all kinds of terrain.
- Durable upper materials are completely waterproof and durable
- Lug soles are great for outdoor activities and basic hiking
- Exceptional support for the ankle, keeping your little one safe from injury
- Heavy duty build can withstand all kinds of wear and tear for many years
- Padded collar and tongue add comfort for extended use
- Contoured foot bed help cradle the arches of the feet for better stability and support
- Relatively affordable for a Timberland boot
- Slightly too heavy for kids’ feet
- Not flexible enough to accommodate the intricate movements of small feet
Arctic Shield Kids Waterproof Durable Rubber Outdoor Boots
If you want to be able to bring your tyke out for a day of fishing or similar activities, the Arctic Shield Kids Waterproof Durable Rubber Outdoor Boots can be a great pick. These boots are made from high quality rubber and neoprene which are both water resistant and flexible, letting your little one explore the great outdoors with superb protection and comfort.
Designed to maintain warmer interior temperatures, the Durable Rubber Outdoor Boots from Arctic Shield are also suitable for use in colder climates and snow, keeping your little one’s feet nice and toasty even in chilly temperatures. Comfort wise, these boots use a pliable, soft, yet dense insole that offers proper arch support and a pleasing foot feel to make every step easy. Finally, they’re also reliable when it comes to outsole grip, granting excellent cling on muddy, wet, outdoor terrain.
- Durable construction keeps out water and isn’t easily damaged by challenging terrain
- Built to keep your little one’s feet warm and toasty
- Rubber and neoprene uppers are burly yet pliable
- Traction is a dream, giving your kid some stable footing on virtually any kind of outdoor surface
- Insoles are soft and responsive making a very comfortable step
- Reasonably priced for the quality they offer
- Not as easy to wear or remove
- No moisture control feature to manage sweat production
Lone Cone Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boot
The Children’s Waterproof Rubber Rain Boot from Lone Cone was designed with little kids in mind. From their fun, one-of-a-kind patterns, their durable build, to their simple and easy care directions, these boots can survive even the roughest adventures your little one might put them through.
They’re designed to be roomy, making them easy to on and off, especially with the use of the easy grip handles. Inside the boots, a cotton-lined, non-insulated interior improves air flow and helps keep perspiration on the down low. Designed to be completely waterproof, the boots make a great companion for outdoor activities like playing in the rain, gardening, camping, and hiking. Got them a little too muddy? No problem – just run them under the tap or a hose, and they’ll be as good as new.
- Fun, colorful patterns make them extra appealing to kids
- One-piece construction guarantees there won’t be any small spaces for water and mud to penetrate the boot
- Easy on and off with grip handles lets your kid wear and remove the boots independently
- Simple maintenance and easy to clean
- Durable build can withstand damage from a variety of outdoor activities
- Cotton lined interior allows improved airflow
- Run a size or two bigger. Consider ordering a size down
- Handles might come off after a few months of use
- Patterns can crack and fade with too much exposure to sunlight and hot temperatures
Northside Toddler Frosty Winter Snow Boot
Northside boots are some of the best you can find. Their Toddler Frosty Winter Snow Boot is a burly, durable, waterproof winter boot that offers its users exceptional protection against the elements. Made from a combination of nylon and synthetic, the boot is both flexible and resilient, making sure your little one can move and play without the restriction of a stubborn boot.
The waterproof shell that encases the entire foot is lightweight and impenetrable to moisture, perfect for playing in the snow or rain. On and off was made especially easy for little kids, with a single hook-and-loop strap optimizing lockdown without the need for complicated closures. Finally, these boots come in a variety of colors and patterns. So you can be sure to find the right one for your kid.
- Lightweight waterproof shell keeps the feet dry and protected from puncture wounds
- Nylon shaft is flexible and breathable, while still offering optimal insulation to keep out the cold
- Fun colors and patterns to fit every kid’s taste
- Durable design can last for years
- Easy on and off lets kids wear and remove the boots independently
- Reflective heel pull adds a facet of safety and protection
- Treads aren’t so impressive at wet snow and mud will often cling to the grooves
- Shaft may be too loose to provide a stable fit
- Cuff cinch tends to dig into the skin
Smoky Mountain Toddler Hopalong Western Cowboy Boot
Since we’re on the topic of boots, I thought it fitting to squeeze in an authentic pair of cowboy boots into the mix. The Smoky Mountain Toddler Hopalong Western Cowboy Boot just oozes with classic southern style, and comes with some pretty impressive features to boot.
What I thought made it stand out from the rest is the fact that it’s made from premium full-grain leather. The boots age beautifully and take to scuffing really well. They look a lot better with a few years of wear and tear, which works in your favor if you’re buying them for a toddler. Although stiff and stubborn at the start, the boots become much more pliable and forgiving as they’re used. That said, they loosen up and become a whole lot more comfortable with time.
Although they’re not waterproof, they are durable. So even exposure to moisture and perhaps even immersion won’t get them too damaged – perfect if you’ve got a lively little tyke.
- Classic cowboy boot aesthetic with intricate embroidery
- Full-grain leather uppers age beautifully
- Become much more comfortable with frequent use
- Side zipper makes them easier to on and off for small users
- Durable build keeps them damage free through some of the most challenging conditions
- Great investment if you want something you can pass down to younger generations of children in your family
- Runs several sizes too small. Make sure to order at least 2 sizes up.
- Zippers tend to be stubborn
- Boots can be very stiff at the start making them uncomfortable especially for smaller children.